- Parallel Giant Slalom is knockout format. Two riders descend parallel courses simultaneously, with the faster of the two progressing to the next round
- Riders must make turns around gates spaced 20-27 metres apart. This gate spacing allows competitors to reach speeds of over 60 km/h
- If a single rider misses a gate, they will be disqualified. If both riders miss gates, whoever progressed further down the course will move forward to the next round
- Riders use hardboots and specialty racing boards– stiff, aggressive setups that are built for speed and allow athletes to hold an edge through even the most compromising snow conditions
- Athletes compete for as well as points towards world standing and Olympic qualification.
More info on Alpine Snowboarding: FIS Alpine Snowboard
*Format subject to change based on registration and weather as per FIS guidelines