- Welcome to Paradise will be a Banked Slalom race, with riders making turns around gates on sloped banks
- Athletes compete in three classes. Upper limb impairments are one class, and lower limb impairments divide the remaining two classes based on severity
- Each rider takes three runs, with their best times determining placing. There is only one rider on course at a time
- Banked Slalom courses are typically on medium pitched slopes, with approximately 20 alternating left and right turns
- Athletes compete for cash prizes as well as points towards world standing and Paralympic qualification.
More info on Para Snowboard: FIS Para Snowboard
*Format subject to change based on registration and weather as per FIS guidelines.